DA4You – Digital Accessibility for You
– digital accessibility for young adults with communication disabilities in Europe.
The DA4YOU-project is funded by Erasmus+ and focuses on digital accessibility for young adults with disabilities. The aim of this project is that young adults with communication disabilities will have better opportunities to participate in public discourse on accessibility in Europe. The digital platform will support young adults with communication disabilities in participating in the public discourse on accessibility in Europe, across disability, location and language.
The target group is young adults between the ages of 18-30 with disabilities, specifically young adults with visual impairment, hearing impairment or dyslexia.
The project aims to influence the development of accessibility in Europe by including young people with communication disabilities in the process and support them in developing skills and competences in using digital media to actively participate in public discourse. This way, their voices can be heard, and they can actively contribute to the formulation of future goals.
The project further aims to:
- Create a dialogue platform that can encourage young adults with communication disabilities to actively participate in a democratic public discourse about accessibility in Europe, across disability, location and language. Being experts on their own lives, they can bring forward innovative ideas and approaches to current problems and questions, that will form a new foundation for future actions in Europe.
- Provide access to media in collaboration with content producers and technology suppliers. Knowledge about accessibility in digital media is collected, including accessibility services and digital assistive technology.
- To enable young people with disabilities to use digital media for communication and transfer of information by mastering digital media.
Technologically speaking, the project is based on standard technical devices such as smartphones and tablets, since these are very common and suit the lifestyle of young people.
The DA4YOU project offers course activities where young people with communication disabilities participate in a course programme in Denmark, Sweden and England respectively.
The course topics are:
- Accessibility principles and regulation
- Accessibility in education
- Accessible digital media production
DA4YOU is a youth driven project funded by Erasmus+ and coordinated by the project partners Funka (Sweden), University of East Anglia (UK) and Mediehuset Copenhagen (Denmark), in collaboration with national disability organisations, who organise young people with disabilities.
DA4YOU is intended to be a European digital meeting point for information and debate about accessibility, and structured in a way that connects government bodies, politicians, NGOs and civic society in multiple languages, thus creating public access.
DA4YOU is a digital platform with information about accessibility in the form of moving images, sound, illustrations and text. A platform that uses forms of communications that are intended to raise awareness about accessibility and the public discourse around its development in Europe. The platform enables young people with communication disabilities to use digital media for communication and dissemination.
With the DA4YOU we want to collect information on an open, public service platform. A digital platform that makes material publicly available, so that citizens, organisations, educational institutions, libraries and media can get a better insight into the topic, as well as use the materials for their different purposes.
Read more at www.da4you.eu